Local produce distributor looking for 6 class A company drivers. Local, dedicated routes. New equipment. Day shift M-Saturday. $25.50 per hour plus OT over 8 in a day + benefits.
This position is responsible for safely operating a tractor trailer truck, and providing prompt and courteous product delivery for our customers. In addition, a driver is responsible for ensuring their vehicle is in compliance with the applicable safety standards prior to operating the vehicle and that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws.
• Complete all daily DOT paperwork including pre and post trip inspections, driver logs (electronic or manual as required), and vehicle service and maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
• Load product from dock/warehouse, by hand or using hand cart/pallet jack, and place in trailer. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
• Check load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
• Responsible for load food safety; Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
• Drive a Tractor Trailer to deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows, while observing all traffic laws, safety regulations. Immediately inform management of any deviations.
• Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner in accordance with customer standards and expectations. Work with management to improve route efficiencies to achieve this.
• Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart/pallet jack, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
• Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for guidance on invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors/returns.
• Resolve customer complaints and/or escalate these as appropriate.
• Maintain idle time to company standards and complete assigned route within DOT time regulations.
• Maintain a valid Class A CDL and current DOT medical certification.
• Report any moving violations to management per Company and/or DOT regulations.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices, such as wearing all required PPE in designated areas.
• Maintain a safe, orderly, clean and sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard as appropriate.
• Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets jacks, and personal protective equipment.
• Follow all required work safe practices, immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
• Perform coupling/un-coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.